Monday, May 11, 2009

sunburn

I'm addicted to sunshine. I can't get enough of it. So last week, when Utah finally got some nice weather, I took advantage of the opportunity to be outside. I dug my swimsuit out of winter storage and found my beach towel. I grabbed a book, ipod, and sunglasses and headed for the park. I had all the makings of a great afternoon in the sun... except... sunscreen.

And now, I'm paying for it. Actually, I paid for it all weekend. It's just escalated today into the itchy healing phase, and my roommate keeps yelling at me to stop...

I don't regret it though. There's nothing better than falling asleep under the sun. I can't ever top that goosebumpy feeling I get when I can feel the sun on my skin, or the faded washed out colors that I see in the world around me when I've been asleep with the sun on my face. I crave it all winter. So I don't even feel bad about being sunburned, or that I spent all weekend freezing because my body was losing so much heat through the burnt skin. I don't feel bad at all, even though I'm going to spend the next 3 days itching like crazy.

... I'm just so glad winter is finally over...

No comments:

Post a Comment