Monday, September 13, 2010

Aug. 16, 2010

So today is my 2 month Birth Day!!! I've been a missionary for exactly 2 months today! YAY!!! And I love it. About a month ago, I don't think I would have been able to say that, really. I mean, I love the gospel, and I liked what I was doing, but I wasn't in love with it. But that's changed. And not because of any one thing. I dunno. It's just hard to explain. I'm sure that anyone reading this who's been a missionary knows exactly what I mean, though. The Spirit is with me all the time, directing my actions, and leading me to meet people who have been prepared for me. It's all part of a big wonderful plan, and i LOVE it!!!

So enough of that, lol. My week this week was actually a lot like two weeks ago, all but one of our scheduled lessons (of which there were 14) canceled, or were no-shows. But for some reason I can't explain, it wasn't has awful as that week. We stayed really busy, and talked to a ton of people, and got a bunch of mini-lessons taught. We picked up a pretty large handful of potential investigators, and I know that we'll be able to teach them, if not this week, then next week. And if not this transfer, then next transfer. Perhaps the Lord just needs a little more time to prepare them. I dunno... my perspective seems to have changed. It's so great!

Today is transfer P-day. Sister Silva and I are staying put and together, but we're the only sisters in the whole zone who aren't changing! It's crazy! And we get a new sister tomorrow from the MTC. It's kind of fun to not be the new kid anymore. :) I'm gonna like it. Also, one of the elders in our zone is leaving tomorrow, to go back to Australia -- but not before he tours the mission with his parents. They're actually going to take us to the temple on Wednesday, so that's exciting!! Elder Byrom (that's his name) and I have actually become pretty good friends, and he's taught me a lot about teaching, and overcoming doctrinal concerns. It's amazing how much the older missionaries know and can teach about the gospel and how to teach it. It's great. And I'm really gonna miss the discussions we've been having.

So, since we didn't have any real lessons this week, I can't give you any updates on our investigators. We've been teaching some less actives though, and having pretty good success in "guilting" them back to church. *wink wink* And the members in the ward are noticing it. Several of them have comented to us about the good work we're doing, and it makes me all bright and shiny inside. :)

One of our members sponsored us for a booth at a community flea market on Saturday. We had to get up at 5:00am to be there ontime, which was not pleasant, and it was really cold all morning. But we were there, talking to people all day. It was great. There was us and 2 other companionships from the stake there, and we had a ton of success. It was so fun. We talked to over 300 people and taught almost 20 lessons about the plan of salvation. We picked up 3 new potentail investigators and met several less actives that we'd been trying to meet. So it was a very productive way to spend a Saturday morning. I've attached a ton of pictures, including some from the night before when the other sisters and us were "borrowing" a table and chairs from the chapel, and trying to fit it in our itty bitty car. It was tricky, but we managed. :)

That's about it for this week. I love you all and I'm so happy for all the news and letters I get, so thanks a bunch. Your prayers and support REALLY mean a lot to me, and they definately help. So keep them coming!!!

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment