Friday, February 4, 2011

Jan. 31, 2011

Hello friends and family!!! I hope that everyone is doing well this week. It's been a great week for us! We've had a lot of success with our investigators and they've made good progress. We've been able to set a solid date for baptism with Chris for the 12th. It's super exciting!!! He's really excited and so is Maleah, even though she won't be able to be baptized. He's moving ahead with the goal that he'll be able to have the priesthood when Maleah is actually able to be baptized, and he'll get to baptize her himself, which is AWESOME!!!

We've also made some really good progress with Kim and her kids. They're closer every day to committing to be baptized. And I love them so much.

Some really big news that I got today is that I'm being transferred!!! Tomorrow!!! Yikes!!! I didn't think it would happen this transfer because Sis. Christensen and I are doing so well here. But I trust that the Lord and President Pendleton know what's best for me, Sis. Christensen, and for our areas. So I'll go where he wants me to go... lol. I don't know much about the area becuase it's pretty far from here... about two hours north. I'll be serving in the Colusa Branch, near Williams California. The boundaries for the branch are several hours apart, because it's so sparsely populated. I'll be pretty isolated up there. :)My new companion's name is Sister Archer. I've met her once before, and she's pretty quiet and shy. She's been on her mission about 4 months longer than me.

For sure I'm going to miss this area. I got really attached to this ward, and I'll really miss them all so much! But I'm also excited for the new things that are coming. For the new people I'll be able to meet, and the new friends I'll make. It's going to be really good for me, I know it! And I'll for sure be back here when the McArthurs go through the temple in October. Which, speaking of, Brother McArthur was ordained to the Melchezidek Priesthood yesterday at Stake Conference!!! I know that they're going to be just fine without me!!!

That's pretty much it for this week. I kind of feel like the night before we left the MTC all over again... Lots of questions about Colusa, and my new companion, and the investigators there.... :) It'll be an exciting week, for sure!!!

I love you all so much, and I can't wait to tell you all about it next week! Be good, and be safe, and know that I love you and pray for you!

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment