Monday, June 20, 2011

May 23, 2011

A short email today, and I'm sorry. My mission president and his wife are finishing their missions in a month, and we've been asked to take some time today to share our testimonies with them. So some of my email time got eaten up by that. I apologize. A longer email will come next week.



We had a really cool experience this week. We had the opportunity to have a mini missionary with us all week. Her name is Laren Walker. She's one of the young single adults in the branch here. She's home for the summer from college. Her family was all converted about 6 years ago. Ever since then, Laren has wanted to serve a mission. She's been coming with us to a bunch of our lessons, and when we suggested that she might want to serve a mini mission, she jumped at the chance. She could only serve one week, though, because she goes back to school on the 4th. So Tuesday night, we picked her up from the Stake President's office, where she'd just been set apart as a full time missionary, and she'll be with us until this afternoon. It's been really cool to have her with us, and I'll be super sad tonight when it's just me and Sister Barfuss agian. The house will be empty.



We had a great lesson with Michael this week. At the end of teaching him the Plan of Salvation, we asked him to say the prayer, and this time to ask specifically if what we were teaching was true. In his prayer, he said, "I trust the girls but I need you to show me." and then he closed the prayer really fast, which I thought was weird. After the prayer he said, "I asked that question, and I felt uplifted. It kind of freaked me out, and I had to end the prayer." It was cool. We also got permission to go to his baptism in Chico in a couple weeks. We'll have taught him most of the lessons by then, so that will be awesome!



That's it for this week. A longer email with more spiritual stuff for next time, I promise.



Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment