Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 4, 2011

Hello everyone,



I hope that you're having good weeks! Ours was a good one, as they go! Of course, as you might know, we had conference this week! It was so great! I love watching conference as a missionary. It was a great weekend! I especially loved Elder Christofferson's talk. It seems to me, as I watched the sessions, that there was a general theme that things are going to get tougher before they get better, but the Brethren provided us with tools on how to cope with the hard things. We're to strengthen our testimonies by studying and serving, learn that the hard things are meant for our good, and that no matter how hard things get, as long as we have our sights set on the gospel and our families, we won't have to worry about it. At least, that's what I felt about it. I feel like I learned so much about what my life should be after my mission. I have a renewed goal to attend the temple more often after my mission - once a week, if possible -- to serve in any capacity that the Lord sends my way, and to search out those who need help. I LOVE CONFERENCE!!!



The work this week has been really good too. We're teaching Diana, leading up to her baptism next saturday, and this week we talked about the 10 commandments and keeping the Sabbath Day holy. It was good lesson. The best part, I thought, was when we talked about not taking the Lord's name in vain, and Diana mentioned that she had done that that morning, and had immediately felt guilty about it, without knowing why. It was a great opportunity for us to teach her about the influence of the Spirit, which leads a person to do good. She's excited about getting baptized, and watched Conference yesterday.



Victor and Marcos, our 10 year old investigators also came to conference. They really liked it. Either that or they really liked playing conference Bingo which I set up for them. lol. The best part about that whole experience, which I find really great, and also really funny was that, as the afternoon session was about 15 minutes from starting, we got a call from their mom, who said that they wanted to come, and could we please send someone to get them and bring them to the church. Well, we scrambled and found them a ride. But the session started without them being there. I was getting antsy and anxious for them to not miss anything, or change their mind and not come. So Sister Barfuss and I were standing in the Foyer and listened as Conference Started. Elder Eyring announced the first part of the program, then the Choir sang the opening song. There was an opening prayer, and then the choir started singing again, but still no Victor and Marcos.... I was getting worried. With about 5 seconds left in the song I closed my eyes and said out loud to God and to the Sister Barfuss: "I have faith that they'll get here before the end of this song." Then I closed my eyes really tight and concentrated sooo hard. And BAM!!! They walked in the door! It was sooooo cool! I'm gonna start excercising my faith like that more often. LOL...



Anyways. That's just about it for me this week. I hope that you all loved conference, and that you found messages that were "laser guided" as Elder Holland put it, to you and your needs. I know I found some. :) I'm grateful to be here. And I'm grateful to have such a great companion. She's amazing, and I know that we'll be friends forever. We're learning a ton about the gospel and each other, and we're doing it together. I love it. This is the best! And we have a great week planned! I'm excited for the miracles that I'll get to share with you next week!



Please know that I'm grateful to all of you and for your prayers. I need them and I love you!!!



Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment