Friday, September 9, 2011

Aug 29, 2011

Hello everyone!!! I sure hope you had a great week! Ours was pretty awesome. I'll try to fit it all in. :)



Most of the week was pretty normal---as normal as missionary work gets. hahaha. Just lots of teaching and knocking on doors. Like normal. :)



The weekend was very long, though. It started on Saturday morning. I had the opportunity to go back to Antelope for a baptism. Not someone I knew when I was there. I mostly went so that I could see sister Barfuss and Sister Christensen agian. It's been a very long time since I saw either one of them. It was a wonderful day. We got there about 11:00 and left after lunch at about 3:30. It was soooo great to see them. I'd forgotten how close I was with each of them. And it was also kind of bittersweet because I had to leave again. But I got to see them again yesterday because they came to Yuba city to see Jan and Leonard get baptized. But I'll get to that in a second. First, let me tell you about Saturday night.



I was running around, making tons of phone calls trying to get everything finalized for the baptisms for yesterday. I randomly got a call from Elder Osborn, one of the assistants who told me that transfers were done, and then he told me that I would be training and my current companion, Sister Hurtado was being transferred to Auburn. The rest of the transfer calls were made that same night. None of companionships that I suggested were what really happened.... I guess that's why President is the President and not me. :) I really like that the calls went out early. I hope it's something that President does from now on. Sooo... yeah.... training again...



Anyway.



Sunday was very busy for us. We had church, like normal, and then right after church, we had a couple of appointments, before ward council. Ward council got finished at 4:00 and then we booked it over to the stake center to get things ready and set up for Jan and Leonard's baptism. It was well attended by the Colusa branch, and I was very happy to see Jan and Leonard go through with it. We've been teaching them since March, and they've had a lot to overcome. It was wonderful. And one of the best parts was that Sister Barfuss got to come. Jan and Leonard are the first investigators that she was involved in finding that have gotten baptized. It was just a really great service. Then, we had some cookies and socialized for a few minutes. After that everyone from Colusa went home and people from the Feather River ward showed up for Leslie's baptism. It was really great to rewind and start over. It wasn't quite well attended, but Leslie hasn't been to church much yet. The spirit was still super strong. I love baptisms!



So last night we got home and were super exhausted. No rest for the weary though. Sister Hurtado had to start packing. Today we have tons of people to visit so she can say goodbye, and tomorrow is transfers. I'll be off to Antelope again for Meet Your Trainer... the 5th time I've been to that meeting. Geez.



I love you all. I can't wait to see you all in a few months. Keep your prayers coming. I'm going to need them this week, with a new greenie and all.... :)



Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment