Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dec. 19, 2011

Hello everyone.

This week was great, and also not great. :)

We started out the week by visiting a ton of less actives in our ward.
We're trying to meet as many of them as we can, especially the families that
have non members in them. Tuesday we got A LOT of rejection. And it was
tough. It's always tough when people say no. But it's especially hard when you
get rejected by people who were once active members of the church. And when
they're rude, it just makes it that much harder. So Tuesday was a sad day for
us. And then Tuesday night I got a wammy of a head cold that kind of just came
on so fast. So Wednesday we stayed home and I slept for most of the day. It
was way nice, and it helped speed my recovery, I'm sure, because I was almost
completely better by friday. So Thursday and Friday we went out to work and had
a few great lessons with Stormy, Denise, and Rick. All of them are progressing
really well. Stormy is still moving towards getting baptized on the 31st, which
is awesome. We're planning on having Denise be ready for baptism in early
February, and Rick should be ready some time after that. He's dragging his
feet. He knows he needs to be baptized, and he knows it will happen, he's just
having a rough time committing to it. So we're continuing to work with him, and
he should be all set soon. :)

Saturday was the best day of my mission, maybe. I got to attend the temple
with Hieu Ngynn. She was one of my converts in Antelope, my first area. It was
like the perfect book end for my mission. I got to see Hieu making eternal
covenants that will help her enter the celestial kingdom. It was awesome. I
hope that I get to do it again - many more times. It'll be of course after I go
home, but I'll just have to deal with that, I guess. Lots of road trips to
northern cali! I'll be looking for navigators, if anyone wants to sign up?
:)

So this is the second to last email that I'll send from my mission... I
don't have time today to tell you everything that I want to, but next week, look
for something epic. :)

I sure love you all. I'm so grateful for every prayer, thought, letter,
and package I've received. You're all the best! I can't wait to talk to you in
person again! It's going to be so great!

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment