Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct 10, 2011

Hi. I was going to start with: How the heck are ya? But then I remembered that the only people who ever write me back are my faithfully devoted parents (dirty looks for the rest of you!!!). So instead. Hello.

This week was a really fun week for me. We had the unique opportunity to have a temporary sister with us for this last week. Some of the Temple Square missionaries get to spend a few months of thier mission out in "the field." That usually happens during the winter because tourism is much slower there, then. So our mission got two of the Temple Square sisters on Monday last week. Sister Harris came to stay with us for the week until transfer, which are today. I'll tell you more about that in a second. So Sister Harris. She's way cool, and I like her a lot! She's way fun, and I'm sad taht our companionship only lasted a week. :(

But the work has been really good while she's been here. So that's cool. We taught Veronica another couple of times, and that was way fun. She's totally prepared for the gospel. And we're still on for her baptism for the 30th. We also picked up a new investigator named Sella. She's 28 and has an adorable 2 year old. She moved her this last week from San Diego. We got a text message from the missionaries there, and when we went to see Sella, she came outside and before she'd really told us who she was, she said, "I'm going to get baptized into your church." !!! It's way cool. She came to church yesterday. It was a great week.

Now. For transfers. :)

Nothing changed with me and Williams. Sister Harris, who is the Temple Square sister that has been with us for the last week is staying in the area, with the other sister's companionship. So she'll still be around, plus Sister Tubbs, the other Senior sister in the zone will be her comp and we're good friends. The best news is that there is another sister's area in opening up in the zone just north of ours, which means that we'll do exchanges with them and see them almost all the time. And the sisters that are opening the area are Sisters Christensen and Hurtado. Yay!!! Which means that we'll see them all the time!!! So really, this next six weeks is going to go really fast, and then I'll get transferred in November for my last six weeks! It's going to be a good transfer, I can tell. :)

That about wraps things up for me. :)

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment