Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct 3, 2011

Hiya!

The week here has been pretty great as they go. Of course, how could it not have been great? We had General Conference! That was definately the second coolest part of my week. The first coolest was that we got to meet with a new family and start teaching them this week. The mom and dad, Samuel and Michelle are recently coming back to church, but they have two kids that were not baptized. Angel is 9 and Precious is 8. They're super cute, and we got to teach them the first lesson this week. We set the baptismal date, and Samuel had his interview with the Bishop so that he can be ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood in order to baptize his daughters. Pretty cool. The family is awesome and I'm looking forward to getting to help them be baptized on October 23rd.

We also met with Veronica a couple of times this week as well. She's so ready for the gospel and she just eats up everything we teach. She's reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning, and we never even asked her to! She's so cool. She'll be baptized on October 30th, and Sister Williams and I are both really excited about that. :)

We have also been asked, by President Weston, to host a third companion for a week -- until transfers (that's right, the transfer is already almost over! So fast!!!). Our mission is getting two temple square sisters from Salt Lake City. That mission sends the sisters out to other missions in the united states so that they can experience what it's like to proselyte. They stay for 4 1/2 months. One of them will be staying with us this week until next tuesday when she'll be assigned to her real trainer. So until then, it's like I've got another mini-missionary. :) Sister Williams and I are excited to meet her today.

Conference was pretty awesome. I found it interesting that there were a few themes, as usual. They really focused on families (which made all the elders a little uncomfortable lol) and also on attending the temple... Something I'm looking forward to doing VERY regularly once I return from my mission. There were several talks about overcoming adversity that I especially liked. I just love conference.

Anyways. That's basically it for the week. I'm excited to tell you more about Angel and Veronica's progress next week. I hope that you all have a great week and that it's awesome!

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment