Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sept 19, 2011

Hello everybody.

Our week here was slow but good. I say slow, but then I realize that we taught over twenty lessons this week. It's just been a lot of teaching our recent converts, and trying to get appointments with our investigators. We're struggling right now with most of them. They have a hard time wanting to make us a priority, which is sad. I have to remember every day that there is life outside of missionary work, and people have families, and school, and jobs, and doctors' appointments, and about a thousand other things that satan uses to keep them from meeting us. It's been tough, but we're working through it.

Most of our really great lessons have been in teaching our recent converts the new member lessons. My favorite was being able to teach Jack Norene (the 89 year old) about how he can have the priesthood and be sealed to his family in a year. I also really liked being able to teach Jan and Leonard about home and visiting teaching.

Our newest investigator, Vicki, didn't come to church yesterday. She wasn't feeling good. She's battling some pretty crazy addictions to pain meds, and trying to quit. I think she was embarrased about it and didn't want to be in a crowd. So we went over yesterday after church to check on her. We set up two seperate appointments for later this week, one of which will include a tour of the church, so she won't feel so disconnected. Hopefully it will help her to want to come next week.

I'm sorry to say that that's just about it. I wish I had more for you this week. We were kind of lacking in the "miracles" department this week. I know that slow weeks are always percursors to the best weeks. It just means that there's some pretty amazing things coming our way. :)

I hope that you all have a fantastic week.

Love, Sister Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment